The access rights in ServiceNow are primarily controlled by roles. There are over 200 roles in ServiceNow and over 500 tables not counting tables and roles created by your ServiceNow development team itself. So, it can become quiet a hazzle to keep an overview on what rights are given by which role.
With our solution the system shows you useful statistics on which role has which rights on which tables, gives which visibility to which applications and modules – and this all with one click.
Fig. 2: example of the role report with the list of roles and related counts
The role report functionality allows you to see:
• how many users have the particular role assigned
• which ACL type (read, write, create, delete) and how many times contains the particular role in the «Requires roles» section
• which ACL type (read, write, create, delete) and how many times contains the particular role in the «Script» section
• how many applications require paticular role to allow accessing them
• how many modules require paticular role to allow accessing them
• When moving your mouse over any of the number the list of tables or applications or modules respectivly shows.
You can also export the results into a spreadsheet and make them available for more complex analysis. To export the current results and report with all the data to .xls file you can click in the top right corner on the download icon and download the generated excel file.
- UI page «ShowACLReport» which renders the client table in the HTML format and allows the user to export the data
- Script include which does all the calculation and counting logic on the server side
- Third party libraries as UI scripts:
#techtalk #oneclick #reports #roles #license #prozessfux
Autor: Jan Marcin, 15.01.2020